Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Print Minis
Our STL files are licensed for personal use only on the Ground Breaker and Colony Builder tiers, and on the Trade Maker tier you are able to sell your printed versions of our miniatures, NOT the digital STL files, for as long as you are subscribed.
You cannot edit any of the STL files and use those assets in your own creations, whether give them away, or sell them as they still remain our copyrighted property.
By signing up to our Patreon and downloading our STL files, you are agreeing to these terms. This document is a legal agreement between “you” (the Licensee) and us, “Print Minis” “we” (the Licensors).
If you don’t agree to these terms, please do not purchase, download, access or use any Print Minis STLs.
Selling STLs as Print Minis is how we make money as a small business, and we just want to protect that. We hope you enjoy our miniatures and would like to sincerely thank you for your support 🙂
- Print Minis is the owner of all the STL files provided. The STL files are copyrighted.
- The files are legally available through your Patreon subscription, through My Mini Factory and on our own store accessed via https://www.printminis.co/
- Our License allows you to download the files and print them on your own resin printer. You may print the miniatures and give them to a friend, with no money exchanging hands, on the Ground Breaker and Colony Builder tier, but you must not share the STL files with them.
- On the Trade Maker tier, you are permitted to print our STL files and sell the printed miniatures for commercial gain. You can sell the current month’s models, previous months you’ve been subscribed to, and any STLs you buy from us separately on platforms like MyMiniFactory or our store.
- If you are on the Trade Maker tier, you must credit the STLs to Print Minis and link to either our Patreon channel (https://www.patreon.com/printminis) or our website (https://www.printminis.co/) from your store or platform.
- If you are on the Trade Maker tier and you discontinue your Patreon membership, you must stop selling our models by the 1st of the following month.
- If you are on the Trade Maker tier, you cannot use our marketing materials or renders of the miniatures to sell the miniatures. Our images are copyrighted and are only for use on our own platforms.
- You must not sell the STL files, or upload them to the internet for free. You cannot rent them, gift them, sell them or transfer them through any platform on or off the internet.
- You must not share the link or password to access the STL files without anyone else.
- You must not edit the STL files and you cannot use the STL files or parts of them to create new content. The whole of our STLs are copyrighted and belong to Print Minis. You cannot use them for your own purposes - this includes using them in video games etc.
- You may use our printed miniatures in your own creations for personal use only, such as for wargames, board games, dioramas, or home decorations, jewellery etc, but you cannot sell these.
- You cannot make moulds from the printed miniatures to cast them out of resin, plastic, metal or any other substance.
- You cannot use our miniatures for crowdfunding campaigns or in any commercial venture (ie. as part of a board game), even if you are on the Trade Maker tier. That tier is only for selling our printed miniatures as they are.
- You can cut or resize the STLs to better fit your printer, but you cannot share these derivatives.
- Print Minis reserves the right to ban any patrons or customers from accessing our STLs if you break our terms and conditions.
- This license for the use of our STL files lasts for 20 years, but we reserve the right to amend this timeframe.
- You are permitted to take photos and make videos of your printed models, and share these on the internet for personal or promotional use, but you must state that the models come from Print Minis.
- You cannot make renders with our STLs and use these for any purposes.
- You cannot use images you have taken of our printed miniatures for commercial gain outside of selling the printed miniatures, including but not limited to, games, books, apparel, posters, merchandise, software.
- Print Minis has no liability for any data loss or corruption or damages caused to systems, 3D printers, data storage devices, computers or health caused by the STL files. You have sole responsibility for protecting your belongings and health when using out files.
- Print Minis files are provided ‘as is’. We have no obligation to provide supports for using the STL files, although we will always try to help where possible. We cannot guarantee the STL files will be optimised for use with all 3D printers.
- Our files are designed for use with an SLA resin printer. We cannot guarantee they will work for FDM printing, or other types of printing.
- Print Minis owns the copyright to our logos, images, photos, digital content, files, 3D designs, concepts, and written content, and all other future media or formats we create.
- Any theft, redistribution, resale, imitation, licensing, leasing or claimed ownership of Print Minis copyrighted material will be in infringement with copyright law and will be pursued.
- Print Minis reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time.
Thank you so much for abiding by these Ts and Cs and helping Print Minis to grow 🙂
Original publication date: 11 January, 2020